Earlier this morning we launched the members section of the Paradise Beach Villas website – www.paradisebeachvillas-aruba.com – and following is the report for the first day. As can be expected in a project of this magnitude, there were some issues that we have to work through but there were some successful aspects.
- The website adequately handled the immense increase in traffic
- Some members were able to successfully access the system during the course of the day – from very early in the morning when the site was launched to as late as 4 p.m.
However, there are some areas to be resolved and so far, these are the main issues that have come to light:
- You MUST use the email address that is listed in our database. This is to protect the integrity of the system and to try to reduce illegitimate access, spammers and hackers as much as we possibly can in this age of digital fraud.
- We have experienced problems with members using Verizon, AOL, Yahoo and Hotmail domains which probably reported the email as Spam or their platforms bounced the emails that originated from our domain. Our webmaster is working on these issues and we will issue a statement as soon as we can.
- Some members have chosen to unsubscribe from the mailing. This is their personal decision but it means that they will not have access to the members section and consequently will not be privy to the information posted there.
- Some members have just clicked on links or reviewed the instruction video without continuing the login process.
- Some members have tried to log in multiple times but they were eventually blocked because of the security features built into the system. These members can try again but after a period of time – in some cases up to 4 hours.
- Even though our local Internet system is sound, it is subject to interruptions which can cause delays and create issues beyond our control.
We fully understand the scope of the project and realize that it will not be completed immediately. We therefore ask for your patience as we work through this together because the end product will be well worth it. At the moment, our main focus is accessibility and functionality after which we will systematically add more content .
Here are the steps again.
On the Home Page, click in the orange Members Area box in the top right-hand side of the screen
In the Username or Email box, enter the email that you have registered with the Resort. No other email address will work.
DO NOT ENTER A PASSWORD AT THIS STAGE
Click on Forgot your password? Which is directly under blue Login box
On the Password Creation page that now opens, you will be prompted to re-enter the email address which you used in Step #2.
You will be advised that you will receive another email that will give you a link with access to the page in order to create and confirm your new password.
Choose a password of a minimum of 8 characters comprising of either regular letters, or capital letters, or numbers or special characters
Enter this exact password again to confirm it.
You will be directed to the last set of instructions which will be to enter your email address and your password which gives you access to the members site.
Next time you login, you just need to use your email address and your password.