Dear Members and Guests
Extending a warm Aruban welcome from your Caribbean Paradise and trust that you are doing as well as you can in the present uncertain circumstances. After having opened up to travel from the USA on July 10th – which is our week #28 – we had 22 rooms occupied that week, 34 rooms occupied last week (week #29) and 36 rooms occupied this week – all split evenly between local members (who used Interval International to exchange into the Resort) and American owners. This slow re-start was anticipated as we safely expand business on the island.
We are delighted to announce that we have received our H&H – Health and Happiness – seal signifying that our Ministry of Health has made a site visit and determined that the protocols we have in place at the Resort are in accordance with the mandates established by the various Government entities for the accommodation sector relative to the containment and handling of the COVID-19 pandemic and below are some of the new established protocols:
- Only persons registered are allowed in the suites. Temporary visitors are not allowed.
- Maintain a distance of 1.5 meters / 6 feet space from other members and our staff. This is enforceable island-wide.
- There is register of persons – including members and guests – as they enter the buildings.
- More aggressive cleaning procedures in high touch areas throughout the Resort and changed cleaning practices in the suites. Hand sanitizers are available in the public areas and you are requested to make use of them and / or wash your hands properly and often.
- The weekly members’ meeting and the weekly members’ get-together are both cancelled until further notice. Management will be available on a daily basis to share updates and provide answers to any queries you may have.
- We invite you to use the pre-registration form now available on our website – www.paradisebeachvillas-aruba.com – for those members who will be visiting the Resort.
- Check-in time is now at 5 p.m. and check-out is at 10 a.m. to allow for Housekeeping to properly service and sanitize the units between occupants. It is also anticipated that as a result of the more protocols and checks, additional time will be needed at the airport prior to departure.
- The preferred method of payment is by credit card instead of cash.
- So it is handled less frequently, on arrival luggage is taken directly to the rooms assigned. On departures, it can be stored in a designated area close to the Security Offices. You are advised to secure your luggage as the Resort will not be liable for any items reported missing.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
The Tiki Restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch from 8.00 a.m. until 3.00 p.m. daily except Saturdays when it remains open until 6 p.m. and the Tiki Bar opens until 6.00 p.m.
- Tables in the Restaurant and Bar are more spread out and the menus have been revised. Take out and room service is available and dining around the pool is encouraged.
- You will be required to sign in at the Tiki Restaurant so we have a trace in case this becomes necessary in the future.
- The preferred method of payment is by credit card or room charges instead of cash. However, please be reminded that there are no room charges on the day of departure.
- Bingo has been cancelled until further notice.
Asi Es Mi Peru / The Kitchen Table
Asi Es Mi Peru is open daily except Mondays from 12 noon until 9.30 p.m. while The Kitchen Table opens Fridays and Saturdays.
La Terrazza Italiana is open from Monday through Saturday from 11.30 a.m. until 10.00 p.m.
1511 Coffee Boutique is currently undergoing repairs and therefore closed until further notice.
De Palm Tours
Located in the lobby for all your concierge and off-property needs and is open daily except Fridays and Saturdays from 8.30 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Paradise Minimart reopens daily except Sundays from 9.00 a.m. until 1.00 p.m. effective August 1st.
Jenya Beauty Salon is currently closed until further notice.
- Working hours from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Rooms will be serviced three (3) times weekly consisting of making up beds, replacement of towels, soap and tissues plus garbage removal. Please call the Front Desk when you will be out of your unit and Housekeeping will schedule service during that time.
- For stayovers a full cleaning will be on Fridays.
- Pool and Beach towels are placed in your room on arrival. During your stay, the towel Hut is open between 10.00 a.m. to 12 noon and again om 2.00 p.m. and 4.00 p.m. for towel exchange which is limited to once per day and for the amount of occupants in the unit.
– where social distancing practices should continue.
- Use of elevators is restricted to persons sharing the same room and the number of persons allowed is stated on the door of the elevator.
- Only persons occupying the same room only are allowed together under the palapas poolside and at the beach.
- Access to the Gym will be done by contacting the Front Desk and Security will be contacted to let you in. Only three (3) persons are allowed at any one time for a time limit of half ( ½) hour. Please wash your hands prior to and wipe down the machines before and after your workout.
- Until further notice, Lee’s Lounge will be closed for the swap library and shared table games.
- Renovation of the third floor Phase 1 is in its second week.
- During the renovation mentioned above, access to the Laundromat in this building will via the stairs adjacent to the
- Housekeeping Office. The Laundromat in Phase 2 is also available for use.
- Until further notice Geraldine Frank in the Sales Office which is located on the ground floor will assist you with the following services:
- Members’ queries regarding transfers of ownership forms and status, beneficiary forms and copies of leases.
- Members’ billing inquiries and/or payments of maintenance fees.
In the three (3) weeks since we reopened to tourists from North America, at the time of writing, we have seen our positive COVID-19 cases increase from four (4) to fourteen (14) with nine (9) of those cases coming from tourists. Last week, a visitor who undertook the test at the airport on arrival in Aruba and should have quarantined until the test results were received, was seen at the beach and in public areas prior to receiving the results of his test. He was apprehended but clearly such behaviour is grossly irresponsible and shows a total disregard for our protocols and will not be allowed. We thank you in advance for your understanding and compliance with the established protocols which are meant for your own safety, that of your fellow visitors, our staff and Arubans in general and as such, we appeal to the better judgement normally displayed by our timeshare owners and their loyalty to Aruba.
Stay safe and we will keep in touch.