Trust that you are all staying safe and healthy in the continuing challenging circumstances we find ourselves in.
- We are very proud to announce that Paradise Beach Villas received the Travelers’ Choice Award from TripAdvisor. This award recognizes customer feedback relative to product quality and service over a number of holiday experiences.
- COVID-19 stats on the island have shown a marked improvement over the past few weeks and we now stand below 500 active positive cases on island with 30 fatalities at the time of writing.
- Occupancies at the Resort continue to be low – running between 20% and 30% over the last few weeks (compared to the normal average of 70%) and we trust this continues to improve. In this regard, we encourage you to let us know of your travel plans for visiting the Resort and we hope to see you soon!
Remember you can preregister on our website and also please have your negative COVID-19 test ready to present upon checkin or if you are under quarantine, please present the letter issued at the airport. If you have to be quarantined, you must remain in your room until you receive the test results. Food and beverage items can be ordered and delivered to your room and the test results should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1511 Coffee Boutique in the lobby recently opened a Sushi section. Their plan to offer delivery services to the Resorts and Condominiums on Eagle Beach since there is no such facility on this strip. We wish them all the best and those of you who love sushi, the feedback for far has been extremely positive so try them out on your next trip!
- As is our annual tradition, along with our industry partners worldwide, we recently celebrated Housekeeping Week. In the present circumstances, everything was obviously low-key – but we congratulate them on their special week and recognize their hard work and diligence.
- Re the Phase 1 third floor renovations:
- Tiling in Phase 1 third floor rooms are 90% done.
- The aluminum doors arrived and are being installed after which the balconies will be retiled. (Picture shows the actual installed door.)
- New toilets are being installed as well;
- The hallway is also undergoing renovation with a tiled floor, a new lighter ceiling look and improved lighting. (Picture shows the hallway tiled floor. Lighting and ceiling changes to follow.)
It was a pleasure updating you and remember to stay safe, practice healthy habits – we cannot be too careful – and remember … today we are one day closer to a change in fortunes.
Renovations on the third floor of Phase 1 continues and here are some pictures of the project.
As most of you are aware, there has a spike in positive cases on island and while there is no need for alarm, the protocols that have been established are being more rigorously enforced. At the time of writing, we have 959 local cases, 15 non-resident positive cases and 5 fatalities. We expect the situation to improve very shortly but everyone needs to be more diligent in adhering to the protocols.
Annual Shareholders Meeting 2020
This year, we sent the Convocation to our shareholders (only) via email since COVID-19 has forced the introduction of many adjustments to the US Post Office system accepting and mailing items from Aruba which severely affected the normal physical mailing process. Since regular mail from Aruba to the USA is extremely slow, in the past we prepared the Convocation for mailing and forwarded them to our Bank in the USA where they would stamp, mail them from the US and then bill us for the stamps used. This year, when we approached them to do similarly for us, they advised that they could not assist because of COVID-19 imposed regulations. Consequently we emailed the Convocation to our shareholders. We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused but it serves to re-emphasise the importance of having your updated email information since we intend to increase our use of digital means of communication in future.
At the Annual Shareholders’ meeting (ASM)
- Approved the minutes of the 2019 ASM.
- Approved the audited financial statements for fiscal year 2019 and discharged management obligations.
- Approved the 2021 operational budget which reflects a 5% increase in the maintenance fees. (See new structure below)
- Ratified the new Foundation Board members so that the Board is now: David Correale (Chairman), Zina Hassel (Secretary), Jim Pritsiolas, Al DiGiovanni and Marie-Louise Slaats. We extend a very warm welcome to the new members and wish the new Chairman and his team every success in the execution of their duties as a Board. We take this opportunity to sincerely thank the outgoing Board members – Dennis Hullmann, Fred Noemer and Gus Anglin – for their several decades of service years to the Resort and wish them well in their future endeavours.
- Ratified the Supervisory Board members. To maintain some measure of continuity, the meeting approved the honorable discharge of Gus Anglin and Fred Noemer from the Supervisory Board. Dennis Hullman, David Correale and Jim Pritsiolas will continue as members of the Supervisory Board for one more year and we also wish them a successful tenure of office.
The 2021 maintenance fee structure – including the capital reserve – is as follows:
- Studio $498
- One bedroom $865
- Two bedroom $1045
- Two-bedroom townhouse $1068
- Three bedroom $1450
We would like to publicly recognize and sincerely thank the following members who voluntarily gave up use of their suites for 2020 without consideration for future redemption or compensation. This gesture truly exemplifies the true “Spirit of Paradise” and is greatly appreciated. They are:
- Karen Mediavilla
- Bob Weaver
- Elaine Rizzo
- Brian Wadel
- Robert Stover
- Dennis Hullmann
Renovations on the third floor of Phase 1 continues and here are some pictures of the project which is scheduled to be completed next month.
Rest assured that on island and at the Resort we are executing all the necessary protocols for health and safety so, with adherence to the established standards, you can confidently make your travel arrangements.
Stay safe and we will keep in touch.