Delighted to bring you up to date with the latest news from Paradise Beach Villas and Aruba
The Watty Vos Boulevard continues around the island. We expect the main beach road – running in front of the Resort – to be affected later this year. We will keep you posted.
As a temporary measure, the Government imposed a tax increase of 2.5% effective July 1st 2018. These Government taxes now total 6%.
Dredging of the beach on a section of the High Rise (in front of Playa Linda) will begin in June and continue for a few months. This is to keep the ocean in pristine condition and remove plastic and other debris which have built up over a period of time.
- The Resort received the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for 2018. This is the fourth consecutive year and we thank you for your continued support and the part you have played in us achieving this recognition.
- The Convocation for this year’s Annual Shareholders’ meeting will be mailed shortly. The meeting is scheduled to be held on August 11th
- We became only the second Resort on the island to have all our employees complete the Aruba Certification Programme. This is an initiative by the Government to have all persons who come into contact with visitors to the island undergo a programme of knowledge training on various island issues – historical, flora and fauna, Constitutional etc. etc.- in order to provide a level of consistency in the facts concerning our island nation.
- Capital projects:
- The new laundry building behind the BBQ area is now fully operational.
- We will be replacing the a/c chiller system of Phase 2.
- The former Meeting Room space is now shared with a new Sales Office.
- For your convenience, we have installed a new Ice machine on the third floor of Phase 1 and later we will also place one in Phase 2.
- We are systematically replacing the thatch on the poolside chickees.
- We are currently upgrading the outdoor public bathrooms and the renovations will include handicapped and family facilities. This project will be completed by the end of July.
- Still awaiting the final go-ahead from the Government for the planned beautification and improved parking facilities for Phase 2
- The Employees celebrated a family day in June.
- We continue work on our new website which should be completed shortly.
- We honored ten (10) employees who were nominated Paradise Stars. This is in recognition of the quality of their work and also their positive work attitude. They were treated to a luncheon at Asi Es Mi Peru along with their Departmental Managers and awarded commemorative certificates. Out of the nominees, three (3) were honored as Shining Stars – Giselle at the Front Desk, Claudio who is at the Towel Hut and Ricardo of Housekeeping. Congrats to them all!
- Please advise the Resort if you will not be using your week.
- Remember that all members in good standing received complimentary Interval International membership for a period of two years – effective September 2017 – which expires at the end of August 2019.
- Update your email address with us.